San Francisco. California
The best of San Francisco with that amazing feeling of gliding through the air
by Steven Skelley & Thomas Routzong
Igor Sikorsky said, “The helicopter approaches closer than any other vehicle to fulfillment of mankind's ancient dreams of the flying horse and the magic carpet.” We agree! The feeling of floating effortlessly into the sky and gliding through the air is something everyone should experience. San Francisco Helicopter Tours offers an excellent opportunity to see the best of San Francisco with that amazing feeling of gliding through the air.
Now - imagine floating above that world famous 800 foot high structure and then suddenly dropping down like a rollercoaster ride at 150 mph, zooming under the bridge and emerging on the other side to gently float once again to the very top. That is just one of the amazing experiences San Francisco Helicopter Tours treats you to!
San Francisco Helicopter Tours has been serving the San Francisco Bay Area for over 30 years. We found their pilots to be both knowledgeable and courteous.
If you are wondering about safety, their website states "Our helicopters, tour coaches and facilities meetthe highest standards in the commercial tour industry. All of our Bell Jet Helicopter are maintained by Bell Factory Approved Mechanics and are flown by Bell Trained, FAA licensed pilots." Several of their pilots are ex-military pilots.
San Francisco Helicopter Tours operates seven days a week, except for certain holidays. They will even send a shuttle bus to pick you up at designated hotels!
San Francisco Helicopter Tours offers the following tours:
- The Vista Tour starts with an enjoyable land perspective on the way to the heliport. Board a Bell Jet helicopter for an exciting adventure above San Francisco. Musical background, choreographed to each flight, accompanies spontaneous narration by the professionally trained pilot. Take in the renowned hills of San Francisco and the striking cityscape; in the distance…the surrounding Bay Area communities. See the famous landmarks, such as, Alcatraz Island & the spectacular bridges spanning the Bay. Upon landing, a return shuttle is waiting.
- Departure Times: Shuttle Pick-ups available at 10:00, 12:30, and 3:00.
- Length: Flight Time approx. 20 Minutes
- Duration: 2 hrs door-to-door
- $175.00pp ($135.00/child)
- Begin your tour with an interesting land perspective on the way to the heliport. Board a Bell Jet helicopter for an exciting adventure above San Francisco. Musical background, choreographed to the flight, accompanies spontaneous narration by professionally trained pilots. In addition to the striking San Francisco skyline and famous landmarks, such as, Alcatraz Island & the spectacular bridges, fly north over the Marin Headlands, a bit of California’s craggy Pacific Coast, Angel Island and the artist town of Sausalito. A return shuttle is available after the flight.
- Departure Times: Pick-ups available at 10:00, 12:30 or 3:00
- Length: Flight Time approx. 30 minutes
- Duration: 2 hours door-to-door
- $225.00pp ($170.00/child)
LUNCH IN SAUSALITO
- Savor the breathtaking aerial views of the city and bay on your Vista helicopter flight to Sausalito. Upon landing, enjoy a leisurely luncheon at one of this colorful village’s top spots. Afterwards, take time to explore the town that’s long been known for its artists and art galleries and browse its many shops.The Ferry return to San Francisco is sure to top off the afternoon with wonderful views from the bay. Directions, schedule and ticket will be provided by the driver.
- Departure Times: 10:00 am (Shuttle pick-up at 10:00 am)
- Length: Flight Time approx. 20 minutes.
- Duration: Open-ended Ferry return to San Francisco
- Lunch and Ferry boat back to SF open-ended, approx. 3 to 5 hrs.
- $345.00pp (bar tab not included)
DINNER ON THE BAY
- Views from above! Views from the water! Enjoy the sights on the way to the heliport. Once on board the exhilarating adventure begins. Musical background accompanies spontaneous narration by your professionally trained pilot. See the famous hills of San Francisco and the striking cityscape. Take in well-known landmarks, such as Alcatraz Island and the spectacular bridges spanning the Bay. Upon landing, the shuttle drops guests for boarding on the yacht where delightful views of San Francisco from the water await. Savor an elegant dinner, enjoy the music & stroll the outer decks.
- Departure Times: Shuttle Pick-up Available Wed, Thurs & Sun at 3:00; Fri & Sat at 5:15 April 1st through September 30th; Fri & Sat at 3 pm October 1 through March 31
- Length: Flight Time approx. 20 minutes. Yacht sails for approx. 2 hrs.
- Transport back to hotel not provided.
- Duration: Approx. 5 hrs.
- $345.00pp (bar tab not included)*. Two passenger minimum.
For more information on San Francisco Helicopter Tours, visit www.sfhelicopters.com
San Francisco Helicopters
P.O. Box 280776
San Francisco, CA 94128-0776
If you are in San Francisco and want an amazing sightseeing experience, we highly recommend San Francisco Helicopter Tours!
By Steven Skelley & Thomas Routzong. Copyright 2012 Sunny Harbor Publishing. Contact Us: PO Box 560318, Rockledge, FL 32956. Phone: 321-446-7552. Email:SunnyHarborPublishing@yahoo.com
Keywords: San Francisco, San Francisco Helicopter Tours, helicopter, Golden Gate Bridge, tours, excursions, Steven Skelley, Thomas Routzong, nudevacationinfo.com