Delray Beach, Florida
By Steven Skelley and Thomas Routzong
We have been enjoying the Delray Beach Open for more than a decade. It is one of our favorite tennis tournaments so we have put together a list of five reasons you should go to the Delray Beach Open too!
1) NEW AND OLD - It’s the perfect place for fans to catch a glimpse of some of the young guns of today and some of the most recognizable pros of yesterday.
The Delray Beach Open in sunny Delray Beach, Florida offers the amazing combination of an ATP World Tour event and an ATP Champion's event. See the stars of today and your favorites from the past.
2) THE BEST OF THE BEST - The ATP World Tour event features some of the most successful players in both men’s pro singles and doubles.
In 2017, the Delray Beach Open boasts the number 3 singles player on the planet (Milos Raonic), the number 1 American singles player (Jack Sock), a US Open singles champ (Juan Martin Del Potro) and the most successful doubles team of all time (the Brian brothers).
3) BOOM - Pro tennis today is all about power and those who can control it. It is not unusual to see these guys crushing serves at over 140+ mph. A tennis court is only 78 feet long. Imagine a ball rocketing toward you at 140 or 150 mph.
Croatian Ivo Karlovic has recorded serves at over 156 mph. Canadian Milos Raonic has served at 155 mph.
Amazingly, talented players today have the hand-eye coordination to hit these balls back.
4) UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL - There are matches playing simultaneously on multiple courts plus players warming up on others. Some of the seats are literally just 10 feet from the lines of the court! You are so close, you can see the fuzz being pummeled off the tennis ball and the sweat flying off the players.
5) LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION - Delray Beach is a delightful city and sunny Florida is a great place to be in February.
For more information, visit http://www.yellowtennisball.com
The Delray Beach Open runs February 17 to 26, 2017.
Learn more about things to see and do in Delray Beach at https://mydelraybeach.com/visitors/index.php
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau offers a fantastic website dedicated to LGBT visitors at http://www.sunny.org/rainbow
Article by Steven Skelley and Thomas Routzong
Copyright 2017 Sunny Harbor Publishing
Sunny Harbor Publishing, PO Box 560318, Rockledge, FL 32956